4 Weeks to Start Your First Blog
A simple roadmap to launch your first blog without losing your mind.
Launching a blog is hard work!
But you CAN do it! Creating a well-rounded blog took me almost a month, so I put together this realistic timeline for starting your first blog with easy action items and resources to help you along the way. Get stuck? The Google search bar is your best friend! If you’re really stuck, let me know! I got you, friend! 🙂
• For inspiration, go to Pinterest and search “color palette” and “mood board”
• Pick 2 primary colors and 2 secondary colors
• I recommend starting with Instagram & Pinterest
• No need to start posting any content until you actually launch
• I recommend starting with free and upgrading later when you’re more established and want more customization
• I LOVE OceanWP for WordPress!
• Create your email list group
• Create a sign-up form for your email list
• Create a welcome email
• In WordPress, go to Appearance > Customize to enter your brand colors, choose fonts, font colors, and add your logo.
• Embed your email sign-up form in your blog’s side bar (create a pop-up, too, if you’re feeling ambitious!)
• SEO optimize each post using YoastSEO (learn how to find keywords)
• Create at least 3 Pinterest images for each post
• Include a photo of you, your background, and your purpose for your blog.
WEEK 4 (LAUNCH WEEK!)
• While you’re at it, plan 3 posts for the week and save them to your Instagram drafts
• Try to keep from posting all your images all at once – Pinterest doesn’t really like that!
• Consider signing up for Tailwind, my favorite Pinterest scheduling tool! Get your first month free.
• Reassess your goals and tweak if necessary
YOU DID IT! You’re a blogger! Keep it up!